Real Madrid - Almeria
Angel Di Maria ‘28
Gareth Bale ‘53
Isco Alarcon ‘56
Alvaro Morata ‘85
Real Madrid - Borussia Dortmund | ‘27 Isco
Dani Carvajal sits down with UEFA | April 1, 2014
on playing for the club - “Firstly, it was a childhood dream come in true in Spain and especially in Madrid. Every kid wants to play for Real Madrid and wants to get that call when they are young, when you are 10 years old. Making your debut, putting on the jersey — you put it on with a lot of pride and excitement.”
on his club return - “You can imagine after only a year because they had the option to buy me back in the first three years. I had planned on working hard so I would be able to go back, but it hadn’t crossed my mind that I would be bought back after one season. It was a dream come true for me when I found out. It was quite emotional. After spending the year away from my family, to get that news it was a dream to be in the team.”
on the academy - “Namely it’s a mirror for us. Casillas, for example, now he’s the captain of the first team. For us joining the first team from the academy was not the ultimate achievement. I think that the way things are right now, players like Arbeloa had to leave to come back again like me. For example, Jesé or Morata, who’ve gone directly from the reserves to the higher divisions — I think that for the academy itself, it shows that in two to three years you can make it.”
Real Madrid 5-0 Rayo Vallecano (March 29, 2014) | La Liga, MD 31
- Ronaldo - 15’ (Bale assist)
- Carvajal - 55’ (Ronaldo assist)
- Bale - 68’ (Di María assist) | 70’
- Morata - 78’ (Isco assist)
Yellow card alert: Alonso, Carvajal
- Bale is the only player in the league to have at least 15 goals (16) and 15 assists.
- Ronaldo continues goal streak of 10 consecutive games for club and country
Next match: Dortmund (H) - Wednesday, 8:45 PM CEST | 2:45 PM EST
"Real Madrid is the biggest club and that creates a lot of envy around it. You can say that the treatment is the same, but it’s not. Real Madrid is the best in the world and it will fight until the end. The fans were great, they spurred us on, and I have to thank them for their support since the start of the season. I believe we are going to win the league.” — Cristiano Ronaldo [+ ∙ +]
Real Madrid 3-4 Barcelona (March 23, 2014) | La Liga, MD 29
Yellow card alert: Ramos (red) and Di María (5) will miss MD 30 vs Sevilla.
- Benzema now 19th on club’s all-time goal scorer list
- The RFEF will analyze comments made by Ronaldo and Ramos after the clásico. Meetings are usually held on Wednesdays, meaning the same day RM plays Sevilla. Sanctions have normally been financial, not suspensions.
- The club will reportedly appeal Ramos’ red card.
Next match: Sevilla (A) - Wednesday, 10 PM CET | 5 PM EST